Monday, April 25, 2005

Unsynchronicity

I had a mixed experience watching Chandramukhi - I liked the movie but I was distracted quite a bit in the first half by a slight lack of synchronisation between the sound and the visual. The sound was behind the lip movements by about 1/8th of a second I think - whenever this happened I was focussed more on estimating what the time difference between the sound and the visual was, and I forgot to focus on the action on the screen. This problem occured only during the first 45 minutes or so and even then not always, but it happened often enough to distract from the movie watching experience. I wonder if it was just that particular screening or just that particular theater (Santham) or widespread. I wouldn't think it was the last, otherwise there would be an issue made of it in the newspapers and on the net. I haven't come across anyone else having experienced the same problem. This is not a "woe is (was?) me" post, but just a way to get it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home