Friday, October 15, 2004

Maha Elections D-Day

The counting of votes for the 2--4 Maharashtra assembly elections started this morning and trends are coming in quick and fast. Rediff.com says BJP-SS are leading in 107 seats and Congress-NCP in 109. This is closer than the 1999 elections when thr COngress and NCP fought separately and together won 137 seats. This is good news for BJP but not great news. It might be a hung assembly again and with so many rebel COngress-NCP candidates winning, those rebels might return back to the mother ship and help them form the governement again. Now that won't be good news for BJP.

Update: Rediff.com now show BJP-SS leading in 119 and the "other guys" leading in 111. Wohoo!!!. I am getting nervous.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rajagopal, I was just passing by on my search for things about Trading Cards on
the Net, and dropped in on your blog. I was looking for stuff for my Trading Cards site. Not
sure that your blog was exactly what I needed, but I enjoyed my visit all the same.

Sunday, November 13, 2005 3:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home