Thursday, October 14, 2004

Kumble destroys Australian middle order!

Kumble just caused a sensational collapse of the Australian batting lineup. The Aussies went from 189 for 2 to 235 all out!!!. Kumble took 7 wickets in 60 balls. Great stuff from the veteran legspinner and he crossed Ambrose (407) on the all-time wickets list.

I thought India needed to win the lunch and post-tea session (see previous post) to get back in the game after the great start for Australia and they did that quite brilliantly. There is still an hour's play to go and India need to win this portion of the day (or atleast tie)to end a great day for them. After lunch Harbhajan got the breakthrough with 2 wickets in 3 balls (Hayden and Langer) and then at the stroke of tea Kumble started his magic.

Tomorrow (2nd day) should be a great day of cricket. As I am writing this Clarke drops Yuvraj of Mcgrath in the first over. My,my, how I wish I was home watching this on TV or even better be at Chepauk watching it all live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home